A Love Affair With The Farmers Market
Check out all the AMAZING things I got at the Farmers Market in Hamilton today. This cost $60. Some of it will only last one week, but some will spread over to two weeks! #winning.
- 3 Bunches spray free spinach
- 2 bunches sprint onions
- 1 Bag of Okra
- 2 bunches baby carrots
- 2 bags cherry tomatoes
- 2 Spaghetti Squash
- 2 Bags capsicum
- 3 Eggplant
- 3 Avocado
- 1 Bag Nashi pears
- 2 giant bunches basil
Add to that the other items I got from the supermarket:
Celery, Portobello Mushrooms, Sunflower seeds, Hazelnuts, Cashew Nuts, Olive Oil, Maple Syrup (we'll discuss the paleoness of this in another blog), Cacao, Coconut Water,
And what I already had at home:
Sauerkraut Juice, Nutritional Yeast, Potatoes, Kumara, Frozen Bananas, superfood powders (beetroot, spirulina, chlorella), herbs, spices, vanilla.
There's enough food to feed a small #paleovegan army!
I'll fill you in on what we're eating this week as it unfolds, but I wanted to let you in on what I prepped in the space of 2.5 hours.
- 3 containers of pesto (enough for 3 weeks at least)
- 1 container of cashew nut cheese (enough for 2 weeks... unless I eat it ALL)
- plate of grilled capsicum
- plate of rosemary fries
- baked kumara
- soaked and toasted sunflower seeds
- soaked and dried hazelnuts
- 4 servings of Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 1 large bowl of salad (celery leaves, spinach, capsicum, spring onion)
- Soaking some cashews to whip up some vanilla cashew nut mylk tomorrow
So now, I get to just grab stuff from my fridge, and make an insane plate of tasty food in super quick time. This week, you'll get to see exactly what we're having with some recipes. Prepare to have your mind blown.
All up, shopping + food prep took 3.5 hours. That's nothing! You just gotta get your ass into the kitchen and get on with it. The equipment used was: oven, george foreman grill, food processor, nutribullet, knife, chopping board.
I could have complained about it. I could have said it was all too hard. I could have eased my way in with a few bits n bobs (not really committing). Meh, screw that. Just get the fuck on with it. Only kids mess around.